We work year-round to maintain, repair and upgrade the Alectra Utilities electricity distribution system to ensure reliability of your electricity service.
Here are some of the more common programs we perform on a cycle or as-needed basis:
- Tree trimming program to proactively identify and manage vegetation growth that may come into contact with overhead power lines.
- Visually inspect power lines and equipment to identify issues and take preventive measures before they fail.
- Install lightning arrestors to prevent damage to equipment due to lightning strikes.
- Install animal guards on our equipment to prevent animal contacts.
- Install switches to sectionalize feeder circuits into smaller segments and deploy distribution automation and smart grid practices.
- Collect outage information and statistics that allow us to pinpoint problem areas in the system. We analyze outages and implement corrective measures as required.
This may include: additional tree trimming, maintenance activities on a particular power line or area, system reconfiguration, installing automatic devices, building new infrastructure or replacing end of life equipment.